Friday, June 22, 2007

Wings to Fly

The past two weeks have been incredibly busy. I think many of us have found this time a bit overwhelming...with school ending, children getting excited for summer, life simply gearing up for the season. This past week Gerald and I had the opportunity to slip away for our 1st Anniversary to our cottage which is north of Kingston.

Each morning started off with me sleeping in, Gerald bringing me my morning tea and then his time alone with God at the sandy shore of the lake. I'd look out the window as I watched my husband spending time completely alone with God. No interruption of telephones, street noises, doors slamming and just general distraction. It was so awesome to watch him. Then after I had enough of my own quite time lazily sipping my tea, I'd grab my Bible and plop myself next to his reserved spot on the water's edge. Soon his quiet time as he knew it would be gone as I'd share what I was reading and pondering.

I had a wonderful week of these mornings. I have much to share and will begin this week with the things God brought to me. For now I want to show you a picture of a little bird that I am amazed with... look at his newly created wings as he begins his journey in life - spreading his wings so he can fly as high and fast as he was created to do.

This reminds me of each one of us... God has given us strong incredible wings and He waits for each one of us to extend the wings to their fullest, to stretch out to the sky and reach for all He has given us - all while completely glorifying Him. Begin each day this week extending your wings...stretching and challenging yourself higher, wider and braver than you dare to!

As I have not yet completely unpacked, my Bible is not handy - but I have saved many scriptures for you this week... watch for the rest of the journey.

God Bless each of you,

Cheri

No comments: