Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Dare to believe in His Dream for You......


This past weekend we went to the women of faith conference in Rochester, New York. We had a wonderful time as Christine our commander & pilot, and Cheri our co-pilot, safely got us to our destination with time to spare for some bargain shopping and lunch at our favorite fine dinning establishment the “Cracker Barrel.” The food was OK, but I loved the gift shop.

The conference was amazing. It was so nice to sit and relax and listen to God speak to us through the various speakers, singers, drama and comedy that caused my stomach to hurt from laughing so hard.

Sheila Walsh sang a few songs that really spoke to me. The first was “Somewhere over the rainbow” I love this song from the Wizard of Oz; it’s one of my favorite movies. Even though I have heard it many times, the words seemed to jump out at me; I know God was trying to speak to me through these songs,

“Somewhere over the rainbow”
Skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true”

Somewhere along this journey I am on, I seem to have forgotten my dreams, I have let life’s distractions and difficulties get in the way of the dreams I dared to dream.

“His dream for you” I love the words to the chorus
“But His dream for you was meant for no one else
A dream that’s so much more that you dreamt for yourself.
His dream for you held in an open hand
Is waiting there until you dare to believe in His dream for you.”

God’s dream for me is far greater than I could ever dream for myself. The last song Sheila sang was "Find your wings". “I pray that God would fill your heart with dreams and that faith gives you the courage to dare to do great things I’m here for you whatever this life brings, so let my love give you roots and help you find your wings”

Do you remember when you were a child and you dreamed about what you where going to do when you grow up. I remember dreaming that I was going to be on Broadway. I loved to sing and spent many hours in my bedroom singing my heart out to my teddy bears. I would line them all up, I must say they were an excellent audience, very attentive, didn’t move an inch…seriously, I had such dreams of doing great things, traveling the world, having a family, a big house, great career.

Well I can tell you the Broadway thing never panned out, it had something to do with lack of talent…I can sing but not that good…. and I really can’t act at all.

I did travel around Europe with my 20lb nap-sack when I was 21, after I finished college.

At 25 I got married to my prince charming, had a great career and gave birth to two amazing children.

When I was 33 we moved to a big house on a ¾ acre lot. It seemed like all my dreams were coming true. I should have been so happy, it looked like I had it all, but I was far from happy, in fact I was empty, lonely, and sad. You see fulfilling my dreams did not make me happy, they were my dreams for me not God’s dreams for me. Life is not about me and what I want… The world would like to tell you otherwise, with all their self-help books, you can have it all, and you need to put yourself first…

Life is about a relationship with the creator of the universe, who by the way created us for that purpose. You see I was empty inside because the only person that could fill me was Jesus. He is the only way to a relationship with God. I needed the faith that gives you the courage to dare to do great things…to dare to believe in His dream for me.

My dreams have changed since I became a follower of Jesus Christ, they have become less materialistic. God has placed a desire in my heart to serve others, and help the needy. I want to live my life so that it brings glory and honor to God. To do great things for Him.

But as I stated earlier, I let life’s challenges get me off track and forget about the dreams God gave me. Sometimes they just seem too BIG, but God reminds me in His word that it’s not by my might nor by power, but by My Spirit, says the Lord Almighty. Zechariah 4:6 and nothing is impossible with God. Luke 1:37 Jesus said what is impossible with men is possible with God. Luke 18:27

Dare to believe in His dream for you and pray for the faith to have the courage to do great things. God gave us a dream to put together a ministry for women to come away and spend time At His Feet. God has done some amazing things through AHF Ministries. He has changed our lives as well as many other incredible women who learned how precious they are to Him, how loved they are and what it means to have an intimate relationship with their Heavenly Father through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. I could have never dreamed this myself…God’s dreams are far greater than mine.

What is God’s dream for you? I know that God has been speaking to me lately through His word about “what are you doing to take care of the poor”? He has given me the dream and desire to use my passion for cooking to help feed the poor. I am not sure how that looks at the moment but God does and He will reveal it in His time.

I pray that you spend time with the Lord, sitting at His Feet, listen to Him speak to you through His word, revealing His dreams for you.

Sweet Dreams my friends,
Louise

3 comments:

Anita Kolb said...

Louise,

I would love to see you on Broadway. Feel free to perform for me anytime. By the way, you are a incredible writer I was hanging on every word.

Anita

Kimberley McGibbon said...

Louise,

I love this post. So wise. So true. I am so glad that I have you along on the journey with me to keep me upright as God reveals what He has in store. Keep writing girlfriend!

Kimberley

Cheri said...

I am so thankful for you my friend. You are such a beautiful woman inside and out. Your hands have blessed many with your hugs, your calls and your love. I pray He reveals much to you as you continue serving Him as you do.

Love
CHeri