Wednesday, July 4, 2007

God's Creation


I often wonder about not necessarily what makes me tick, but WHY I TICK the way I do. Some of the things that have me pondering about often has me stuck on the thoughts for a long time.

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" Genesis 1:1

Our family has been blessed with the most beautiful small piece of land in the country by the lakeside. A little piece of heritage that has been passed down from the roots of my great-grandfather, Harry Hagen from Norway.
As I sit on the "queen's lounger" (long story which I may share one day), my breath is taken away by the view I am taking in from my reserved seating in the gold area by the lake. I have spent countless hours over the years pondering God's creation - the earth around me. In the next few days, I want to share the beauty that God has given me a glimpse of. The appreciation for His creation.

Our car hugs the twists, turns and curves of the country road as we slowly decend into a week of peace. A big turtle crawls on my side of the road and a rabbit jumps from the bushes just ahead. As we coast down and to the left a view of a marsh land appears, up and over a hill crossing the rail road tracks, anticipation mounts as we decline down the hill and the view of the lake appears out of no where. Down and around we go by the lakeside, our dog bolts up as he too whines with anticipation, his tail furiously wagging. The beginning of another adventure for us, my senses, hearing, smell and emotions highten.

This morning what do I see? A land so beautifully created by the master creator, God. So perfectly drawn and orchestrated for us, His children. I sit on green grass, each blade's colour and texture different. My eyes wander up as I marvel at the way He has designed the bark on the tree next to me. Different in colour, thickness and pattern to the tree at the back of the cottage. The bark is only the beginning of the tree. I notice the stature to which it stands, this tree only a small one carries to a height of maybe 25 feet. Some branches appear dead, not many leaves hanging from it's lifeless limbs. I wonder if this tree is just so tired, probably having stood in it's place for hundreds of years. Yet, as my eyes wonder further up the worn bark as I see the top with many extended branches, each bearing small beautiful greens.

As I am wondering about the many things in front of me this morning, I hear the noise my hubby is making as he puts together our BBQ. The first nosie started when he shared that the book included with the BBQ had everything in it, except instructions. (Yes I did come to his rescue and assist him as I picked up the manual flipping quickly through and miraculously finding a diagram and instructions that somehow was not thee when he picked up the book). His grunts and groans are now almost slient and the clearing of his throat are confirmation that he's well on his way to having the BBQ ready in time for lunch. (he's so adorable!)

The sounds of the BBQ builder are faint in comparison to the numerous signing birds. There is more than irritation of the regular 6:00 a.m. morning wake-up call of singing of birds.... stay tuned later this week for the rest of the story!!
May God take you on a journey today that opens your eyes to the incredible world He created... just for you!! Maybe this week you would be inspired to go back to Genesis...the beginning and marvel at all He has done.

God Bless,
Cheri

No comments: