Sunday, July 8, 2007

Part 3 - "The Beginning"

As you have probably gathered from my writing the past two days, I am truly in awe of the world around us - the incredible and magnificent miracles we are surrounded by. I seem to take more notice of the creations of nature when I am at the cottage. I look forward to my moments of ponder and reflection where time almost stands still for me in the "forgotten village" where our cottage is.

In the forgotten village, there are no interrputions of busy highway traffic, the rush of the world in my normal days in the city with the honking horns, barking dogs and squeeling car tires a place where it is not possible to hear the buzzing from the bees, dragon flies and other such insects. Sitting by the lake I am able to hear the buzz of the black fly as he furiously zooms about his business. I am able to hear the small still quiet of the day.

I find myself wondering things like;

How awesome it is that He formed so many rocks of so many varied textures and colours.

How interesting it is that He planted grass to grow in such diverse blade sizes, shapes, and colours. I wonder why He created so many types of birds, each with their own distinct colouring, size, chirp and cry? I continually ask, why did He create snakes?? (that's with a double question mark!) He created so many little creatures for our distinct pleasure, yet I am not sure why He thought we'd find pleasure with misquitos all summer, black flies in May and again, snakes slithering almost hidden in the grass.

I am grateful for the magnificent beauty, power and wonder of the lakes of water. I smile as I watch the blue dragon fly land on my toe as I ponder creation, but why is it that he never sits long enough for me to get his picture? I adore the little chipmunks that rush along the side of the cottage looking for food, stopping only for an instant to check me out.

After spending a couple hours pondering and writing, I lay back on the lawn chair, arms folded behind my head, I am met with blazing warm sun caressing my face and I know it is He who waved His hand so that a warm breeze of wind would gently brush over my face leaving the swishing sound of air in my ears.

Please be encouraged to continually bask in the glory of all He has created. Be aware of the most magnificent power and glory of our God, the creator of not only this beautifully forgotten village, but of our universe and all that is in it.

Oh, by the way, I hear the loud banging of dropping charcoal on metal and a sigh of relief.... looks like my husband has completed his venture.... dinner shall be served from the BBQ tonight.

Genesis 1:1-2 - Recap

And God said, "Let there be light", and there was light......."

And God said, "Let there be an expanse between the waters to separate water from water...."

And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky...."

And God said, "Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth..."

And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that move along the ground....."

Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea...."

Take time this week reading and pondering Genesis 1-2 - "The Beginning"

Night & God Bless,
Cheri


1 comment:

Kimberley McGibbon said...

I loved reading all three parts of this creation story. I felt like I could almost hear the calm quiet movements of the lake and the buzzing of bee...until TJ started calling "Mom, Mommy...MOM!" Reminding me that no only did He create serenely quiet beauty but also loud crazy human beauty! Thanks for brigthening my morning.

Kimberley