Thursday, July 5, 2007

God's creation - Part 2


One morning last week, the Lord gave me this scripture:

Psalms 11:4 "The Lord is in His holy temple; the Lord is on His heavenly throne. He observes everyone on earth; His eyes examine them"

As I am watching this week I am reminded that He is watching, you and I.

Sharing more on my pondering of God's creation, I notice the BBQ builder's noises have become faint in comparison to the numerous singing birds I find myself almost singing with. One bird is peeping a good bye to one other as he flies off into the sky, the other bird chatting in excited tones as the bird up in the aged tree above me, chirps noisily in a much aggitated tone. As I stop to count how many birds are "voicing or singing", I see pieces of bark fallen at the foot of the tree. Must be the work of my "grand-doggies", I am certain the strong woodpecker above couldn't have pecked bark pieces that big!

If you listen extra attentively, you can actually hear the movemenets of the lake water as the gentle slow moving ripples wash up against the shore rocks. The wind is so still this morning that it could only the movement of the fish beneath the water and the landing force of the dragon flies that is actually moving the water.

Far in the distance I hear the growl of a lawn mower and above that the echoe of a man's laughter. The only one of two things that brings noise to this tiny village are the few times daily that the train rushes through. The bells whistle loudly as the train shakes up the sleeping village on demand. The other sound that wakes up this forgotten village is the crackling banging noise the lakeside campfires make on Saturday nights. Occasionally joined with loud music and happy voices.

Have you ever just stopped long enough to watch a fat colourful yellow bumble bee dance from one blade of grass to a bobble of purple clover flower? His little body buzzes like a dog's wagging tail. As I watch the bee, my eyes are drawn to the long wheat like blade of weeds that leans into the water poking through the rocks. The rocks of distinct colours of grey, black, sparkles and special rusty tones.

While I am writing, the one noise that can be heard is the constant rattling of leaves from behind me. I can see the flurry of movement as the culprit bird flutters from branch to branch.

Today I want to remind you that as we watch the world around us.... praise God for all He has created. Be reminded of all that is important. Mostly remember:

Psalms 11:4 "The Lord is in His holy temple; the Lord is on His heavenly throne. He observes everyone on earth His eyes examine them".

Part three tomorrow.....I hope you are encouraged by the story I am sharing of God's beautifuly created world.

Night....
Cheri





No comments: