Monday, May 28, 2007

LOUISE SHARES........

Love is in the air!

Well my friends my sweet husband surprised me with an overnight stay in Niagara-on-the-Lake last weekend in a beautiful five star bed & breakfast for our 18th anniversary. We had so much fun; it was like a mini honeymoon all over again, without all my family this time....
Yes, you heard me correct, we spent our honeymoon 18 years ago with all my family back in England, with the exception of a few days in London on our own. We stayed with my mom's youngest brother who had three-year-old twins who loved to wake us up in the morning around 7am to cuddle and play in bed. I loved it because I don't get to see my family in England very often, but I don't think it was Lance's idea of a romantic honeymoon.

But I can tell you romance was in the air last weekend...We held hands everywhere we went, we laughed, talked, Lance patiently went into every little store with me and even pretended to enjoy himself...now that is true love. I must say it was nice to be pampered and wooed by my husband. I am the one who makes all the plans and organizes everything, so all I had to do this time was pack an over night bag and enjoy....

We get so busy with life, kids, and work that we often neglect the most important relationship apart from God, our marriage. I love spending time with my husband, but often he is the last person that I schedule time alone with. Over the last few years we have been so busy with church activities, kids activities, work that we have neglected our time alone, we have not made it a priority, we have not fit it into our schedule.

We meet once a week at the home of John & Lisa Rios. They are such dear friends who love the Lord and have a wonderful marriage ministry. God has used them to speak to Lance and I many times, and John last month asked us if we go out on dates. We said no, he asked why not and we had no good reason why not, just we are too busy. He explained how important it is once a week to spend that time alone, go on a date, even if it's just coffee or go on a nice walk. Since then Lance and I have been on a number of dates and really enjoyed spending time alone together.

When was the last time you went on a date with your husband? Just because you have been married for a number of years does not have to mean romance is dead...read the book Song of Songs chapter 4 in the bible and see what God has to say about marriage and romance...

I encourage you to make spending time with your husband a priority, they say spring is in the air.... well I say Love is in the air...and it's awesome....

Let me know how your date goes, I would love to hear from you.

In His precious Love,
Louise

2 comments:

Kimberley McGibbon said...

Louise,

I am so happy you had a great time. How sweet of Lance! What a great hubby. Jason and I too have been taking some time to date. You have inspired me to share some of our "cheap date" ideas. When there are four kids both time and money and scarce but it can be done! Maybe you will see a post soon on my blog. Dating when you are married is a must! Thanks for sharing!

Kimberley

Anita Kolb said...

Hey,

My favorite times are alone with Garry when we have the time to share our hearts without having to run away and do something else. We have to make time for dates. Thanks for the enouragement.

anita