Monday, May 28, 2007

Laugh.....

Well... I was sharing with the girls tonight that I have been creatively "dry" these days. Can't seem to get words down on paper.... Maybe I have been tired, lazy, or pre-occupied, making excuses, but something has stopped me from the passion of writing. Maybe I have been taking life too seriously this past little while????

Well, tonight I have decided to share something that is totally NOT serious, totally silly - and yet truly funny to me...to both Gerald and I actually. Not many know what life is REALLY like in our home together....how goofy we REALLY are... we laugh like .. goofs. There is no other way to describe our behaviour sometimes and those little moments we share. Tonight I was working away in my office in the family room (in the basement) and I heard Gerald coming in the house from work. He did a few things by the front door and headed into the kitchen. I snuck up the stairs and waited behind the wall to jump out and scare him. This is something that WE BOTH do quite often....try to scare eachother (jumping out from behind walls, side of the bed, closets, bathrooms....).

Anyway, I stood behind the wall and waited. He somehow saw my shadow sneaking up the side of the stairs and he waited for me on the other side.....slowly walking forward - jumping out and "booing" me...before I could "boohhh" him.... The two of us laughed until we cried, gave eachother hugs and kisses and once the laughter and tears stopped.....we shared our day. You have to hear my husband laugh...he has a most fun, happy laugh...a contageous laugh. He makes me laugh just hearing him laugh. I am thankful for his gift of laughter.

Now I know that seems truly goofy and not a very remarkable thing to write about...however I was reflecting on it tonight when I came home after our meeting. I was thinking how blessed we are to laugh together so often over the silliest, goofiest moments.

I am sure you will share as well that there are times when our hearts may not feel joy....and there are times when we don't allow joy to fill our hearts.... Be reminded with me that we must see joy in all things and especially let the simplest of moments give us incredible joy. I am thankful that there are more times of joy in my life than not.

Psalms 28:7

"The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust Him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving".

I pray that you would be able to see and feel incredible joy in the most simplest of things this week.

God Bless,
Cheri

1 comment:

Anita Kolb said...

I loved this entry. I could picture the whole scene and hear both of you laughing as I was imaging it. You are both a joy and it is good to laugh. I so enjoy laughing with you. Have a great day Cheri.

Your fellow goof-ball,

Anita