Saturday, July 19, 2008

When you REALLY least expect it

Once again I can share that it has been a while since I wrote. Honestly, I have allowed the "busyness" of my life to take a foothold. Have you heard the old saying that the older you get the faster life flies by? Well... I can personally say that it is not an old "saying", it is the truth. My days although the same hours as everyone around me, seems to have less minutes in the hour!! My intentions often don't get further than the thoughts processed in my brain. So back to the drawing board to get myself on track with many things!

The past month has brought many needs for prayer for friends and families around us. We have been praying continually for Liam (Jason & Kimberley's son - my "adopted" nephew - long story!). Laim's diagnosis of a brain tumor has truly left all of us overwhelmed. My personal thoughts and feelings have been what I call "honestly human" . You know, those moments when you jump into "react " mode before even going to God in prayer.

When Kimberley called me to share the news from the doctor, I must admit I was so emotional that I was of little support to Kimberley. It took me quite a few days to get it together enough to to keep from breaking down around them. Sometimes you get hit right in the face with a situation that you have no choice but handle. I was thinking of skipping church the first Sunday after I found out the news, however Kimberley didn't give me a chance to even entertain the idea. She and all four children showed up at the store the Saturday after the news, with flowers and smiles. What more could anyone do but smile in the face of a strong and incredible young boy and a mom who truly needs each of her friends to stand strong and faithful in prayer for her son? If nothing works to keep you together - try Strawberry Frapachino's with four little kids!!

I was thinking how could I share the prayer requests for Liam without repeating the updates Kimberley is sharing? I wanted to write prayer requests on the blog, yet didn't know which way to do it. So... what I hope to do is share the jouney ahead from what God is doing in their lives that effect us as we walk with them. I have watched as Kimberley & Jason's incredible faith and belief that Jesus is who He says He carry them forward and hold them up. It is without a doubt that they know like they know that Jesus hears their prayers and is watching over Liam. They have stood firm in the face of such an incredible trial. They live out what they know and believe.
All of you who know Kimberley have heard her say if only I could get them to "know what I know".

In times of trails when we are tired and possibly doubting, we must go back to what we know! Jason shared with me a thought about being so close to a situation that we can't see the entire picture...only what is immediately in front of our eyes. He had me stand right up with my nose to Liam's picture. He then asked me what I saw... to which I responded, hair and one ear. He then had me stand back a bit from the picture and again asked me what I saw. From a distance I was able to firstly see Liam's face in full, his long hair his grinning smile, dancing eyes, his shirt and the background of the picture. Ahhh I discovered, to stand back and see the picture in it's entirety brings a total different perspective. I think Jason shared it like this... "God is the artist/painter -we don't know the strokes of the brush until He places it on the paper. He knows the strokes of His brush, we don't. We have to wait to see the entire picture to know or understand.

So..I am working hard at not asking "why". I am focusing on what God is going to bring out of all of this. One thing I know for sure is Liam is an incredible witness to Christ and without a doubt the nurses and doctors at the hospital will be in for an anwesome experience as they get to know our Liam.

Please continue praying with all of us as we walk with Kimberley & Jason.

Cheri

No comments: